Saturday 14 September 2019

All Saints, Ashdon, Essex Open Day 2019

As Walden Winds were not able to play at Ashdon church's open day I was asked if I'd like to volunteer a harp performance. I've not done a huge amount recently so it was a great chance to get back into some practise. I did two 30-minute sets and had a small and appreciative audience for both. I did all of the old favourites and feel I really ought to add a few new numbers to the repertoire.

In between sets I received my payment of tea 'n' cake and we had a tour of the bell tower which included seeing and hearing the bells being rung and then climbing the 97 steps to see the bells in place. All Saints is a Grade I listed building with an impressive history going back centuries.


The oldest bell is from the 1500's

All Saints, Ashdon

No comments:

Post a Comment