Friday 23 December 2011

Grade 3 result and plans for 2012

Robyn and I took Rohan out for a drink on Wednesday evening to say thanks for teaching us and for getting us through our exams. In return Rohan gave us both some technical exercises to practise over the holidays! Both Robyn and I were still a little unsure about how well we'd done but confirmation arrived yesterday and I was delighted to learn I got 140, which was the same as my grade 2 result! My scales mark was a little lower than the rest but this all ties in with my technique which is what the exercises are for. I know that Robyn got through her exam as well and hope that the news has reached her in Canada where she is spending her Christmas.

I have already decided to take a term off from exams so will aim for grade 4 in the summer but hope to take part in the music festival in March so I'll have something to work towards. Chris and I are also planning our wedding for August and while it will be a relatively small celebration I am aiming to squeeze as much music into the day as possible and hope to arrange my own music for the ceremony, with at least a little of it on harp so there will be some plans to work on in the new year for that, along with twisting the arms of as many musician-friends as possible to join in. Chris will be in charge of the beer for the day.

I have learnt a couple of easy carols to play to the family along with Star Wars (abridged) and The Wolves by Ben Howard as requested by Josh, my 6-year-old nephew. I feel I can finally relax after a long term so if you don't hear from my again this week have a Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment