Friday 22 July 2011

A birthday and two new instruments

Today is my birthday and it is also the first day in a long while with no work of any kind so I am off to Pilgrims to return the hired harp and pick up my new harp. The hired harp has done me proud and has coped admirably with my practise routines and travel across the country but it didn't quite last the full distance as on Tuesday, the day after my exam, the top D string broke. I didn't hear it go just noticed something didn't look quite right as I sat down to play on Tuesday morning. I gather I've been very lucky not to have a string go as it is quite common.

After swapping harps and seeing how much of my deposit I have left (as well as the broken string the hired harp has taken a few knocks and one of the rubber feet fell off somewhere) I am off to Kent to see some family and friends and hopefully give a few more little performances in return for a spot of grub and company. Poor old Chris is off to work but he can take me out on Sunday. As soon as I get back tomorrow evening I will start practising the new instrument he bought me for my birthday - a theremin! Unfortunately all of the instructions are in Japanese but he's done a little internet research and I did manage a bit of a tune this morning so I will have fun trying that out.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment