Wednesday 10 June 2015

Fête de la musique - Saturday 21 June, Saffron Walden

Part of the preparation for any exam or performance requires a practise performance in a relaxed setting and I have a fabulous opportunity to perform at a festival taking place in June. The Fête de la Musique, a free music festival, is taking place in Saffron Walden on 21 June and gives local amateur musicians the opportunity to perform at various sites across the town. The festival takes place on 21 June each year (or when the day falls on a Sunday) and now over 400 cities are now involved. It started in France in 1982 and aims to bring free music to people all across the planet. Walden Winds will be performing on the bandstand and I will be doing two sets on the harp. I have started revising my favourite pieces to get my set list in order and will add two of my grade 6 pieces (Scarlatti and Manha de Carnaval) as they would be just right for open air performance.

There are over 70 groups or acts and 290 performers taking part and I will be appearing in The Courtyard from 12 to 12:30, then outside the Adnams shop from 1 to 1:20. I will then be appearing with Walden Winds on the Bandstand in Jubilee Gardens from 2:30pm.

http://www.saffronwaldenartstrust.co.uk/fete-de-la-musique/

No comments:

Post a Comment