Monday 6 July 2015

Grade 6 final preparation

I have my grade 6 exam tomorrow and after catching up on some last-minute-end-of-term admin I played my three pieces and three studies through to Chris late this evening (he couldn't find an excuse quick enough to escape) and that little session pretty much equalled what I have done since the Fete de la Musique! 8 performances (playing, school concerts, garden parties or conducting amateur groups) in the ten days leading up to the exam have taken their toll on my final preparation so I don't feel as ready as I would like. There should be no major breakdowns but it certainly won't be flawless! Anyway it's too late to do anything more so I will just go for it. I'll have another run through tomorrow morning. I could have kept the date quiet but Chris's parents Judith and Martin sent me a 'Good Luck' card so I realise I have mentioned it to a few people. Thank you for the message!

If I thought I was slightly unprepared I have to remember it could always be a lot worse. In other former GOATee news Jan, head of music at one of my schools and 2011's Top Flautist (see Blog posts in 2011!) has now decided to go for her grade 3 flute exam. She is entered for the final session at the end of term and has been practising her scales. She made a decision on which pieces to do and only got round to ordering the music last week! Nothing like leaving it until the last minute to get the job done! I am delighted to report that I will be accompanying Jan for the exam so I will report back after our first rehearsal.

In more Fete de la Musique news I was sent the following from the Saffron Walden Reporter! All those involved that I have been in touch with since thought the day was a roaring success so I am sure it will be talked about for some time to come.

Another clipping for the scrapbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment