Friday 4 February 2011

Day 33 - Birthday party

Today was my Nan's 84th birthday and I knew I had a busy day planned so I did about 10 minutes of practise before school. After finishing work at lunchtime I headed over to Northampton, stopping to see my other Grandma on the way, to pick Nanny up. She is staying with my Aunty Ann and Uncle Chris in Saffron Walden over the weekend so they came to mine and Chris's to pick her up and stayed for dinner. As well as buying the fish & chips and providing a birthday cake Ann and Chris became my latest sponsers so after tea I gave them a performance of  my four recital pieces. They were very appreciative as the applause, cheers and whistles demonstrated (and that was just Nanny!). However Aunty Ann said she knew where I'd gone wrong as I pulled a face as if I was gurning! I told her I tell my pupils off for doing that so will need to be careful of that in future. She handed over her donation and wished me luck, adding she hoped I would get a distinction as she liked the thought of my Mum (her sister) parting with even more money! Nanny had another go on the harp. She couldn't quite get the plucking but enjoyed running her fingers up and down the strings. It was a lovely evening and Chris and I still have a couple of bits of cake to look forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment