Thursday 17 February 2011

Day 46 - Pilgrim harps

Half term draws just that little bit nearer which is great, but my Grade 1 exam and the 'Clueless in Concert' performance is also now just around the corner. After the exam I will carry on playing the harp, perhaps not with quite the same dedication as I have shown over the last 7 weeks but hopefully with as much enjoyment. I am currently hiring my harp from Pilgrims. I had a call from them today as my current three month hire period finishes on the 27th (the day of my exam!) and they were ringing to let me know what the options were. I could continue hiring but I am also tempted to buy a harp and could buy brand new or second hand so they went through the deals I could consider. The workshops are in a lovely setting near Godstone, Surrey. Unfortunately you have to go all the way round the M25 to get there but once there you are in the middle of the countryside. The main room is full of harps, which shouldn't be surprising but it is an amazing sight for someone who only has woodwind instruments lying around.

The practice was for myself this evening as I have had no new sponsors and it was very laid back again. I had been concerned that my posture might not be right but after getting the thumbs up from Rohan (get it? thumbs up?!) on Tuesday I felt more relaxed. I went through a few old pieces and just had fun listening to the sound. I went on for about 25 minutes not realising the time until my next pupil arrived. I have fixed two more little performances on top of the others I have planned for half term week so preparation is still going to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment