Tuesday 8 February 2011

Day 37 - The mysterious patron

Tuesday is perhaps my busiest day so I did my harp practise as soon as I got in from school. I'd had another donation, from an anonymous sponsor! My surprise quickly turned to intrigue and I speculated for a while who it might be, but of course have absolutely no idea. This is nothing new in music as Tchaikovsky had a patron that he never met, Nadejda von Meck, although I think he knew who she was even if they never met. Hopefully they read the blog so I can say thank you and let them know 30 minutes this afternoon was for them. In their honour I played tunes by that most proficient of composers: Anon! I also played some scales at 98 beats per minute so will aim for 100 tomorrow. Exam pieces are sounding good and I tried Bluebells of Scotland once more. The first section is just about ready and the middle section is almost there. It could probably go faster now but at least it's even. I had a look further on in the First Harp book and decided my next target will be pieces with three note chords in. A short blog today as I'm off to Walden Winds shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment