Wednesday 2 February 2011

Day 30 - Practise before school

Not much practise today but what I did do was dedicated to Katy, a clarinettist and much travelled member of the Palace Band. Katy is no stranger to the blogosphere having kept a diary when working abroad recently. Tuesdays are often busy as I have a full day at school, over an hour of private pupils followed by a rehearsal of some sort. I suggest to pupils that if they can't find time to practise in the evenings they may find a bit of time first thing in the morning, as long as the rest of the family is up and the neighbours don't mind. I managed this a few times when I was at school although this method disappeared as soon as I became a teenager. I still got my lie-in today and was ready with 20 minutes to spare so did ten minutes at around 8.30. My fingers took a while to warm up and felt very stiff for most of the session so it wasn't all great. I played a scale and went through The Ball and Sound the Trumpets. I finished with Rondo but this was too much for my poor fingers and sounded even more scrappy than usual! I will probably have to go for another morning session at some point just in case my exam is first thing on the 27th. I squeezed in another 10 minutes in the evening before heading out to sax quartet for a fun rehearsal with cheese and biscuits to finish. A stylish end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment