Monday 16 February 2015

Day 40 - Thanks Mum!

(This post should have gone up last week but I've been a bit busy...)

Another busy week in store so I managed to get two shorter sessions done today both of which are dedicated to my Mum. She donated half of her bingo winnings but told me not to tell my sister as she'd want the other half.

The session started with a quick warm up then I went into Showing Off thinking a little more carefully about the sound I am making and how to articulate and pluck the strings effectively. When I listened to my hands individually it was clear that the left hand is worse than the right hand so I experimented with different ways trying to improve the sound. I think I now need a little more guidance so will try and book a lesson sooner rather than later!

I also did a little more on the Mahna de Carnival using the inspirational playing of Stan Getz to guide my phrases. My technique does not allow me the complete freedom I would like but the introduction is working really well now and I can play that in a variety of ways, some more stylistically appropriate than others! So thanks to Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment