Tuesday 3 February 2015

Days 26 to 31

This week has seen me perform the first movement of the Beethoven Trio for clarinet, cello and piano with fellow GOATees Pippa and Maurice for a school concert. As if that was not enough I joined the band for a local school's production of Les Mis so was out Wednesday to Saturday evenings doing that. I remember taking part in productions when I was at school but never anything on as grand a scale as this and this appears to be the norm now. The band was led by Geoff and had a mix of teachers and very good students. It is great for the kids to get some decent experience at playing music which can be quite tricky, and to keep the concentration up for that long (at 2 hours 30 minutes with very few breaks Les Mis is a long one.

Needless to say practise on the harp has been five or ten minutes at a time just refreshing what I have done. However on Wednesday a new piece dropped through the door. I had ordered anther grade 6 piece but it was out of stock at the time. I'd forgotten about it and so was pleasantly surprised when I opened that. The pair of Latin pieces sound quite nice and I have made a start on getting the Latin rhythms going. I also had music for the Candlemas service to sort out and learn so spent a little bit of time working through the chants and practising the chord sequences. So with January over February is looking a bit more spacious and there is the bonus of half term in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment