Sunday 22 February 2015

Day 53 - Clueless in Competition

Today is the day of Clueless in Competition and in a few hours I will be heading down to West Road Concert Hall to take part in the rehearsals, assist in the Bow, Blow and Bang! and perform as a section leader in the woodwind ensemble Long Winded and as a competitive harpist in the string ensemble Highly Strung. Then part 1 of my challenge will be over and while some participants and their families breathe huge sighs of relief that they will never have to hear that viola/euphonum/oboe ever again, others will be continuing and taking the grade 1 exam and I will be continuing my adventure eventually taking grade 6 in the summer. The justgiving page will be open until 22 April so that gives me two months of being able to dedicate practise sessions to whoever sponsers me. After that I'm on my own!

The Bow, Blow and Bang! part of the evening is before the concert where anyone (audience/GOAT/gopher) can pay a pound or two to try out a rare and exciting instrument. And the trombone. There will be theremins, double basses and I will be taking one of my more recent purchases, a contrabass clarinet. My isntrument is of particular historical interest as it was played on the soundtracks of the early Doctor Who series.

When today is over I will try and use my blog to write about anything of interest in the various worlds I float around in and there are plenty of things of interest. Claire Jones has a new album out (I'm just listening to a preview of Scarborough Fair), some of my sponsors have concerts and events that can be plugged and of course all of these grade 1/6/8 results will need to be reported on!

No comments:

Post a Comment