Tuesday 17 February 2015

Day 46

Another Sunday and another Palace Band rehearsal working on our latest commission. We nearly had a disaster though as the urn hadn't switched on and we realised only shortly before the break that there was no hot water. Fortunately three quick thinking members went and found the kettles and got enough water for us all. At least I think that was the case and not that they wanted to get out of rehearsing a tricky passage.

Today was also assistant conductor and chamber music coach George's first time conducting a full symphony orchestra as he took part in the sponsored play with the Kensington Symphony Orchestra. I have seen the photos and he looked confident and in command. I also spotted a few of my old friends in the orchestra and a good time was had by all. After getting home I had a free afternoon so had a good practise session going over all my pieces without too much detail, just remembering how they all go. When I finished I checked my emails to discover I'd got a new sponsor. Monday's practise session would have to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment