Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 48 - Half term Tuesday

I think Tuesday is my favourite day in a half term holiday. You've had a bit of time off but you're not quite halfway through.

As Cathy had sponsored me yesterday her practise session was today. I started with Showing Off and used the metronome to see if I could get it any quicker. The answer was 'No'. Still it feels ok and I am sure my left hand chords are stronger than they were a few weeks ago. I have been doing a lot on the Manha de Carnaval and the great thing about this is that I am trying to play it too quickly. It can go slowly. I ran through the Scarlatti which is feeling quite comfortable now. As the weather was really sunny I went out for a walk. I live quite close to the open countryside so the break was much appreciated. We have had a bit of rain and I had the wrong footwear for going too far out so after getting some fresh air I headed back and did another half hour. If only all my days could be like this!
I haven't been putting many photos on so here is one from today. The wind turbine in the distance in at Wood Green Animal Shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment