Monday 24 January 2011

Day 22 - Kurt Weill, Klezmer and Czardas

No, this is not what I've been playing on the harp today but the clarinet music I have been reviewing for Clarinet and Saxophone Society over the past week or so. I managed a meagre 15 minutes on the harp, spread over two sessions this afternoon and evening as today was deadline day for the magazine. I enjoy everything about reviewing apart from the four days in the year where I slave away at my computer long into the night getting it written up in just the right way and emailed to the editor. It's now done but I'm not happy with them (although I never am). It just leaves me to let you know the harp practise was not the best of sessions, concentration levels were low, as was enthusiasm so I'll just have to try again tomorrow. On the brighter side (and there's always one if you know where to look) I have been informed there is a programme featuring Sioned Williams and her new MIDI harp available on iPlayer, on Radio 4 last week so I can look forward to listening to that tomorrow. Now, time to turn the computer off and head downstairs to see if the bar is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment