Tuesday 13 January 2015

Day 13

I had shorter sessions of work today, home and away, so managed three shorter practise sessions throughout the day, all very nice. I've started working on some exercises that might be useful for the next couple of pieces that I want to work on. One involves three-note chords and the other has broken chords so I've devised some ways to get used to those.

The CWB blog was fun to do yesterday but they are not the only group supporting MSF in February and I will aim to post features on the other performers before the day. Prime Brass, who played at the 2011 event are appearing along with soloists Steve Bingham on violin and Marie-Noelle Kendell on piano. The ticket price will be worth it just for those!

I also discover there is going to be a performance of All Together Now, the large ensemble piece written by Simon Brown for the Clueless in Competition later in January. One of my schools has arranged a charity concert which is in memory of a former pupil. This particular event only comes around every few years and it is a privilege to be asked to play. I am already performing the first movement of the Beethoven Trio for clarinet, cello and piano and there are other serious items on the programme but as so many of the music staff are involved in GOAT Reunion the director of music has deemed it appropriate for us to play. He will also be joining us on his trombone. There has been no mention of a rehearsal yet but that may be because no one thinks it necessary...or that it may not actually make any difference.
 
As various groups start back and half term holiday plans are being made I am starting to offer short recitals and working on my technique so that I make it very difficult for people to refuse! This evening I will be coaching one of my woodwind ensembles so will pick the right moment to test my persuasion skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment