Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 7 - Back to Work

The blog is a little late going up as it's been back to work. Up and out by 7:30am, then two scools and some private pupils back at home, a hasty tea then out to an orchestral rehearsal. Only 5 minutes was managed on the harp so I ran through the Clueless piece to imporve my sense of direction...more difficult when you have plent of rest bars.The good news is that I have had my first sponsor so tomorrow's practise session will be a good one!

Back in December I discussed with Thanea the speculation over when the first Grade-One-A-Thon was. I have a little research to do on this but have been gathering stories from other GOATees. I gave a lift to a couple of friends and on the way home chatted about the Grade-One-A-Thon. Berdel, my fellow clarinet for the evening, had taken part in a grade-one-a-thon while at Manchester. Apparently they do it every year. Their format was to take the exam then whoever had the highest mark did a concerto with the orchestra of Goats. As they were all music students they were plenty of arrangers willing to put together repertoire that was manageable by all. Berdel chose the cello and loved learning it (everyone who takes up the cello gets a dreamy look in their eye when you ask how it's going). The year that Berdel entered the winning entrant was on the oboe. Just imagine that, a grade 1 oboe doing a concerto. Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment