Friday 9 January 2015

Day 9 - Business as usual

35 minutes managed after a late lunch. Showing Off, Scarlatti and Cross Currents were all practised although they are very slow. This is a time to be patient and at some point hope that as all the work is consolidated and my fingers find they can play much more quickly.I focussed on performance directions today. Cross Currents has some clear dynamics so I started putting those in. Showing off has a performance hint which reads 'chords should be big and lush!'. I tried to make my chords sound as lush as possible although this word always amuses me as it is the one word the editor of Clarinet & Saxophone magazine doesn't like and has banned us from using. And he lives in Wales! I am hoping to sneak it into an article or review in the future but as least here its meaning is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment