Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 8 - My first sponsor!

Today's practise session was dedicated to Pat who is also taking part in Clueless in Concert. She took up the trumpet in the 2011 Grade-One-A-Thon but has switched to the violin for this concert. Pat has also decided to take the grade 1 exam in March and I look forward to accompanying her (on the piano) for that one. I will sponsor Pat but will offer a higher amount for each mark earned when she does the exam! Her husband Martin has carried on with Pat's own instrument, the flute, and I will write them a little duet to say thanks for the donation.
Pat looking angelic
Pat's practise session was a good half hour this morning and after deciding that the Scarlatti is well on it's way I had a closer look at the first page of my second piece, a playful piece called Cross Currents from a suite called East Coast Sketches by Christopher Wright. It has lots of cross rhythms switching from 6/8 to 3/4 time. I've sorted out my fingering and have slowly worked through the first section. So a good session with a small feeling of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment