Sunday 25 January 2015

Days 19 to 24

My pledge to write a bit for the blog every day has faltered but you'll be pleased to know my practise hasn't! It is far easier to sit and play for a bit than it is to turn the computer on so I have managed to do at least 10 minutes each day this week. It's not been amazing practise and I can see why motivation can easily be lost at this level. Progress feels very slow and while I am still enjoying my pieces I want to be able to add another one or two.

This week has been filled with rehearsals and next week will be filled with performances of one kind or another so I think my plan will now be to keep the practise up and do the blog at the weekend.

So a highlight from the last six days was a sax quartet gig yesterday for a party. Joining us on baritone just for the evening was Liz, who is a freelance player often found playing with Ska bands. She is learning the trombone and is one of the CWB members who dared each other to do their grade 1 exam. She said it is going well and now when she practises it doesn't feel like she's been punched in the mouth as she did in the early days. That's progress!

As I've been thinking about this blog post another donation has come in so I'll get practising and write up Day 25 later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment