Wednesday 14 January 2015

Day 14

It's been a busy day. In short I got 15 minutes done on the harp. Last night's rehearsal with the wind ensemble was very productive and I've been all allowed to take my harp to a future rehearsal to play to them. Mary, one of the clarinets also asked me if I would be interested in helping provide some music for a Taizé service. I'd not come across this before but it is a form of worship where music features heavily. One of the attractions, for me at least, is that the service is designed to happen with as little rehearsal as possible! I'm all for that! She gave me some music for a couple of songs all of which would be easily managed on my harp so I'll learn the melody and chord sequence and the idea is that each verse is slightly different as the hymn or piece goes round and round. I'm not ecclesiastically-minded and am more drawn to Eastern philosophies than more organised practises but do enjoy the spiritual side of things especially if there is plenty of music so this should be an enjoyable experience. The church, in Thaxted should also be a stunning place to play. That is in February so more on that when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment